Well don't I feel silly...

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 20:51:36 CET 2013

On Jan 21, 2013, at 2:25 PM, "punkdISCO" <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

> Hey PaulM
>
>> for 600 Euros, that's going to put a boot into a lot of small synth
> manufacturers that might otherwise have sold something unique and equally
> great.
>
> I see your point - this is a very aggressive price.  If it turns out to be
> half as good as we are expecting, it will be a steal!  Saying this, it is no
> more aggressive than the MiniBrute..
>
> Make you wonder how Moog can still get away with their prices..

One thing Moog has going for it is they are all handbuilt in the USA by people that I'm sure love their job. If you watch some of the the behind the scenes videos from uniquesquared http://youtu.be/r-SbDJBtdVc

Though I believe it's the same thing with Dave Smith and his stuff is a little cheaper. I think it's because they save money on case (ugly as sin) and terrible preset design.

The drastic low prices for arturia and korg has a lot to do with way cheaper manufacturing.