Confused with 0TA3080

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Sun Jan 20 17:24:41 CET 2013

On 20/01/13 16:08, Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] wrote:
> After the ota, it goes straight back in the inverter.

wow! a 4069. that thing is gonna sound meaty!

> See the full diagram here:
>
> http://modular.fonik.de/pdf/Wasp%20Filter%20clone.pdf
>
> I've measured the output of the inverter (U1/4) but no luck either.

ah - okay, you're gonna have to check the biasing of the ota inputs.
double check all your connections.

you have two ota stages here, so if you can see similar (confusing)
behaviour in both, then at least you know it's probably not them.

keep signal tracing. with stuff lke this, i usually find i need to
break after two hours or so, and some more questions occur that
can be tested. it's pretty good practice. in the end, with the right
question, you will find the answer

fwiw i spent a whole hour the other day trying to figure out why
an extra channel on a modded copicat tape echo wasn't working.

i just had the wire in the wrong column of the prototype board
(which was the same kind you're using).

just switched it around, nothing blown, and it started to sing...

Tony (HB)