Extreme noob electronic question

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 12:43:46 CET 2013

Right now I'm trying to do a Jurgen Haible wasp filter clone. I choose
that one because the schematics where easy to find, it runs from 5v
and has filter CV so I can learn about ota's too. I can also think of
hooking it to an arduino or a teensy as mcu and have a small
digital/analog thing to play with.

The reason I want the regulator is that I have also built a small
measuring buffer circuit that I can hook my soundcard to and use it as
a cheap scope (not for precise measure but for shape already it hels)

However that one doesn't run properly on 5V DC on the whole audio
range (it 'clips' wierdly, I guess because the op-amp there act
strange when you get close to the rails) and so I need to power it
from 9V and need a 9V->5V regulator for the filter. So I'm planning on
powering the whole thing from 9V and get a 5V voltage out of that.
Note that in any case, anything I do right now will possibly fail but
teach me something.

I've got millions of things I want to try after :)

/M

I also want

http://marc-nostromo.com