Yamaha RM1X

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:04:44 CET 2013

Interesting.  I would download the manual and try running through it. They
have changed some stuff, but it was before I got one.

I really like the sampling by sample trigger.  Ive used it bunch of times.

This track was done all on the Octatrack (though it isn't done yet):

Tony

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2013, at 2:19 PM, Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't see how anyone can say the octatrack is complicated.  Just
> sample (or import) and sequence.
>
> Granted I don't use it everyday, (so maybe you just need to get good at
> it) but I find every time I go back to it I need to re-learn how to do
> certain things, like the buttons, there is a lot of multi-function/button
> stuff etc... that is not really labeled.
>
> And still to this day I have not sampled to the machine(vs loading sounds
> from a card), I could not get it to work reliably, the machine seemed like
> it was doing different things than the instructions said. I think there was
> some suff that changed from the original os.
>
> I dunno  I need to go back to it, but I felt like I had to do a shit load
> of stuff to work with it and the machine did not give me back anything that
> was worth it and so different from another box.

NoiseTheorem:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NoiseTheorem
SoundCloud:http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem
BandCamp:http://noisetheorem.bandcamp.com