Yamaha RM1X

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:39:05 CET 2013

I believe so.  I have not tried. I believe you simply need to copy, go to
the other pattern, select the track and paste.  Ill give it a go when I get
home.

In the octatrack, patterns in the same bank (say the A bank) all use the
same bank of 4 parts (which are essentially kits in octatrack speak) so you
don't even have to worry about the sound assignments.

Tony

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] <
marc.nostromo at gmail.com> wrote:

> can you copy a single track from one pattern to the other ?
>
> 2013/1/14 Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com>:
> > On the octatrack, you can sequence mutes into the song.  It's also a
> fairly easy operation to copy the pattern and delete a track.  I've run it
> either way.  The octatrack also has 16 scenes you can switch to or cross
> fade.
> >
> > On Jan 14, 2013, at 1:25 PM, "Marc Nostromo [M-.-n]" <
> marc.nostromo at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> My biggest gripe with my MD was the fact that the song structure in
> >> pattern necessairely combines all the track elements together. For
> >> example if I have a 4 bar loop and I want to continue only BD & snare
> >> for another 12, I need first to duplicate the whole pattern and then
> >> delete everything I didn't need anymore. I found it very combersome.
> >>
> >> Do they address that in any ways these days ?
> >> /M

> cohesive unit. I suppose it's all the same with a midi controller, but you
> miss out on things like the LED's above the keys and the joystick and, well
> the other mental benefits of integration.

> straight forward. I don't even have to think how to operate it.

> it's too complex for its own good, and it's weird because it's the same
> company.

> use.

> >> --
> >> http://marc-nostromo.com