Ipads synch ( in daw) on one computer

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Wed Jan 9 17:32:27 CET 2013

On 09/01/2013, at 5:24 PM, Romain / rXg <xtechcode at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well next time, i will ask santa or even God ... sounds quite the same ...

Sorry Romain, I must have missed your earlier mail about this.

First of all: I don't have much experience with wireless sync'ing to DAW - I don't really like to have to set up a wifi connection before I can jam.  What I *do*, however, is use MIDI synch - all my iDevices have hard MIDI cable capabilities, and in that sense synchronization is as smooth - and easy - as it ever was in normal MIDI days.  I wouldn't suggest futzing too much - just get a cabled setup - because even with Wifi speeds you will still get periods of dropout - not always the case with plain ol' MIDI.

Anyway, if you encounter any interesting tips or tricks about this I'm definitely interested - just that I use MIDI with my iDevices, and it still just plain works.  I don't experience any of the heavy performance issues that many complain about, with MIDI, either .. so that makes it a little simpler.

j.