sammichSID : the last batch

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 11:06:06 CET 2013

Hi Jay

> This sounds fabulous actually.  Would you recommend the MB6582 over the
> SammichSID, then?  I guess its a little more available as well ..

Yes, I would recommend the MB over the SammichSID, purely because of the
interface.  I have not used a SammichSID but looking at the 1 knob design, I
can image how the interface is implemented.  With all the extra knobs,
buttons, LED matrix, and bigger screen, I think you will enjoy the MB more.

Saying this, I believe the MB is a tough build.  I got mine ready built.

> SammichSID cancelled, MB6582 parts are on the screen ..

Cool!!  I think you have done the right thing..  As stated, only having 1
"Core" on the SammichSID would not be an issue for me as I cant imagine
every using my MB multi-timberally.  But, the limited interface on such a
complicated beast would probably break it for me..

Keep us updated..!!

PS: if you every find a supplier for the Perspex LCD cover, can you let me
know.  My Perspex is crudely cut and surface mounted on the MBs facia which
looks crap and keeps falling off..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk