Apple Airplay

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Tue Jan 1 11:32:14 CET 2013

Op 31-12-2012 20:35, Ron West schreef:

> Now get an apple TV or Airport Express with a set of speakers hooked
> up to them. It's so awesome for me to pick up my iPod Touch and select
> which speakers I want music to play through and control the volume for
> each set. Very cool indeed.

So does this Apple thingy work any better or worse than a standard DLNA
setup? Once configured the wifi on our Bluray player, it picked up the
Windows 7 PCs in our house. Then I installed Serviio on my PC, because
DLNA is a bit stupid when it comes to video/audio formats, and this
server application converts video on the fly. There will be a NAS at
some point in the future, most probably FreeBSD or Linux based.

Is there something similar like a 5.1 amp that also plays over the
network? Via wifi?

- Peter