My RPM prospects...

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Thu Feb 14 23:55:52 CET 2013

The first 20 seconds can be stretched. Have some patience. The piano itself, with some details, really played, slowly adding strings, could be a nice intro. The fill-up around 1:10 is great. The part leading up to it is a bit generic. The part afterwards as well, but nice. Milk those contrasts. At 2:00, I've heard *a lot*. But at the same time, I've heard nothing. All the elements are there. Building up and down. But you just need to take it easy... at 3:00 I feel a bit of saturation, like you are milking yourself. At 3:30, the nice soft synths, they're great. But they just appear. Tell your story. Be patient :)

Second play :) yes, 10 secs of the piano. Come on! Give me a minute of your piano-style and gently bring me to the point... check out what Rammstein did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5FoDLjoxBM. So simple. Take it easy. Take it easy. Take it easy.

All in all I like it :) it has everything it needs. It just needs your time and your momentum, nothing else :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL