No MIDI on Bootcamp Windows 8

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Wed Aug 28 12:06:33 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

This is a problem that seems to live in my Macbook Pro since I
got it (December 2012)

Everything is solid as a rock, and since Window 8 is the "work"
side of this machine, and OSX is the music side, it is not such a
big deal. Nevertheless it annoys me terribly, and I keep coming
back to it to see if there's a solution.

The problem is:
1. None of my MIDI keyboards can get MIDI into bootcamp Windows
8. MIDIOX says no MIDI is coming in, and there's no midi recognized.
2. Only one of my Audio interfaces works with bootcamp Windows 8.
3. There's a group of 5 or 6 "Other Devices" in Device Manager,
that have yellow exclamation marks, like LPK25 (it DOES detect
the mini keyboard, but NO MIDI), NI Audio 2 DJ (which is the only
audio interface that works when it is connected).

I checked everything Google. Nothing (couple of people with the
same problem, but no solution).

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Gert