Radio Lives!!

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Tue Aug 27 11:33:06 CEST 2013

So I've been in a huge slump with listening to other peoples music for a few whiles now, just haven't been interested while I develop my own sound and path, musically, but this isn't good for me so I have been trying really hard to get out of the box and listen to new, interesting stuff.  I've found that I really need to bust out of my local box here in Austria, and realized during a recent airport-lounge-layover to much mirth for the umpteemth time that there are so many different markets for musical culture in Europe to be exposed to .. lets just say I was very impressed by something hilarious on Radio Brussels, wherever that is ..

Funny then, to be realizing this morning that I'm consistently hearing great stuff on the local Vienna radio.  http://fm4.orf.at During a recent travel jaunt, I even found myself still wanting to tune in, just in case they play something great that I'll pick up later ..

For example todays treat: Francis International Airport,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Yh_KiJmz0

(Oh wow, that outro .. reminds me of something I've got in my rack.  Can't say what ..)

So, having that kind of 'got to tune into the radio' buzz right now.  What radio's do you guys have in your local cultures that have a live stream worth listening to in terms of new and interesting stuff?

;
--
Jay Vaughan