Music Party Wageningen, NL, October 5th

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Mon Aug 26 00:15:39 CEST 2013

All,

This afternoon I visited the unofficial "pre-opening" of the
venue for our party in October. It's all still a bit empty,
especially the bar, but it looks great, the stage is really big
for such a small venue, and the sound is very good.

Today there was a concert by James Harman:
http://www.loburg.com/agenda/james-harman-gene-taylor-usa. A good
friend of mine, guitarist Arie Jan, who builds guitar amps for a
living, was invited as special guest.
http://www.marble-amps.com/marble.asp?pagina=11@Home.asp

I took a couple of pics and a short movie for you to check out
the venue:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pbalris/sets/72157634778590562/with/9592451409/

Within the next week or two, I will send away the invitations (on
the bar for barians, e-mail for all my other friends).

I would be delighted if as many of you as possible would do a
performance, even if it's only 1 song, even if it's acoustic
guitar (chapman stick, Tony :-). Paul (Maddox), why don't you do
some cool stuff with those new synths of yours? Jay, I would love
to hear your band...

I have spoken with the owner of the venue, and I am thinking of
making this partly (after 21:00?) an open party so people from
Wageningen can come in and listen to the music as well. What do
you guys think of that idea?

Cheers,

Gert
--