My latest creation ..

Martin Naef mnaef at navisto.ch
Wed Aug 7 15:16:57 CEST 2013

Hi Romain

It makes sense from a safety perspective. A 3kg plane flying at 100km/h
(e.g. my CAP-232) has a huge kinetic energy. You can create some massive
damage on impact. Just last week, a 2.5kg glider went straight through
the roof of a house in Switzerland - not a pretty sight. Neither of
those planes is particularly big. Fortunately, such incidents are rare,
but imagine if you hurt somebody but there is no insurance to pay.

I wouldn't know about rules surrounding submarines. I'd imagine that the
control technologies put some limits to what you can do in the first
place. 2.4GHz radio waves don't penetrate water well.

Regards
Martin