broadcast

Tony Scharf entropymagnet at noisetheorem.com
Tue Aug 6 20:36:43 CEST 2013

> -6:00 is for me when it all lands, great. All good. Heather likes it too (she shouted across the room: what's this? i like it).

Thanks!  This was really done on the fly and I didn't have anyting planned out.  I just kind of started at that point and patched on and on from there.
> I remember you bringing the Nord Modular G2 to M at stock in 2004. You had this thing going on with inter-modulating sines, with some distortion applied to it. Very minimal, but such a cool effect.
>
> It's nice to listen to this, for me it's a direct extension of what I heard back then.

I know what you mean!  I remember the patch your talking about, too.  It had 4 FM oscillators in a feed back configuration and I had the knobs configured to adjust their amplitude and feedback amounts.   The FX on the G2 were very good for it's voice and the FX here are fairly similar.   I am actually using FM here as well along with a lot of other things the G2 couldn't do.
Ill always kick myself for selling that G2.  At the time, I had to do it for financial reasons.  Some day I am going to find a G2x at the same time I have the money to buy it and then never let it go.  It's still a one of a kind instrument.
Tony