Korg Volca series

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 04:12:04 CEST 2013

On Apr 10, 2013, at 8:54 AM, Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a little surprised no one else brought these up yet.
> Apparently, they aren't a hoax - which I was sure they were.
>
> http://korg.com/volcaseries
>
> I don't personally have any interest in them at all, but I am very
> interested in where all this Korg Analog is going.  Korg is swooping
> in to dominate this market and it will be interesting to see if Roland
> even tries to respond.

It's almost the hardware version of Propellerheads ReBirth, would be cool to have some sort of portable enclosure for them.

It's terrible, I'm finally really starting to get the sound I want out of software, but of course now during the age of the analog resurgence. I'm concerned that I don't really feel that compelled to get an MS-20 mini, bassstation II, etc... There is something seriously wrong with me.

Also it seems Nord did not get the memo, a new VA synth? What is this the 90's?