hosting plans?

moron moron at industrial.org
Thu Apr 11 20:36:08 CEST 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-11 at 13:18 -0500, Tony Scharf wrote:
> I've been on bluehost for a number of years.  It works.  I can't say I
> have any complaints.

Personally I have had nothing but grief with Bluehost.  Absolutely
terrible handling of security issues and support rivalling GoDaddy for
utter craptasticness.  If you don't have to trust them with your email
and don't mind having malware hosted under your account from time to
time, then I guess they are a cheap solution.

In North America the only host I have had good experience with is
Liquidweb (shockingly good support compared to the industry standard).
Very pro-active on the security side of things and tech support that
aren't reading from a script while surfing pr0n.

=)

For Europe, my only experience is with VPS provider Gandi.  For uptime
and cost they have been decent though I do find their managament GUI
confusing and my few interactions with support like talking to
unfriendly Linux nerds (which is probably what I was doing).

Cheers

--
http://industrial.org
http://deterrent.net