The desire to cover

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 10:54:27 CEST 2013

Hello Gert very good question, but i don t like to do covers cause i
think the most of the time i m disforming the original work   :)

but anyway my dreaming  list Top 12 influences  is ( not in pref order)  :

Кино : Закрой за мной дверь, я ухожу / Кукушка
Kingston Wall : Two of a kind
Type o - : Love you to death / In praise of bacchus
Megadeth : Holy wars / Rust in piece
Zappa : Bobby brown
Doors: Soul kitchen
Depp purple :  Child in time
Danzig : How the gods kill
Leo ferre : Avec le temps.
Pink Floyd : Jugband Blues
Voivod : Jack Luminous
Beethoven : Moonlight Sonata / Bach : Toccata

And the list can be extended of course  ...
I m better to do covers of my own stuff it s less damaging for the original
song imo ...

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>wrote:

> Op 5-4-2013 17:17, Jay Vaughan schreef:
>
>  What do you guys desire to cover?
>>

> New Order: True faith
> Alan Parsons Project: Ammonia avenue, Old and wise
> Various artists like Joseph Calleja: Parla Piu Piano (by the way: Joseph
> Calleja is GREAT)
> Alice Cooper: Poison
> Snowy White: Bird of paradise
> Željko Joksimović: Lane moje (there's the small issue that I don't speak
> Serbian)
> Clannad: Theme from Harry's Game (there's the small issue that I don't
> speak Irish)
> Karat: Über sieben Brücken must du geh'n
> Camouflage: Love is a shield
> Gerry Raferty: Baker Street
> Michel Sardou: Les lacs du Connemara
> Het Goede Doel: Alles geprobeerd
>
> I could probably think of a hundred more.
>

> You know what I mean, right ..
>>

> Not bloody likely. :-)
>
> - Peter

Romain