The desire to cover

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Apr 5 17:17:57 CEST 2013

It's been a while since our last jam session, the Restless Ear Syndrome, so as always there is a little introversion going on.  Sometimes that is a good thing.

Anyway, the very thing is that we've got something like 40 gigabytes of music now, and frankly .. I get what I need by listening to it, at the moment.  That's pretty nice.  No jam required, I gotta get closer to what we got already done.

So its cool, I can accept the fact that there is an almost endless amount of great music out there in the universe consisting of entirely whatever me, Stan, and Ben get up to on a whim, but, I have to listen to other things or else I go a bit potty, and for some reason I've just been completely loving exploring the un-explored territories of my youth.  You know who keeps giving me good hits on that?  New Order.

If I wasn't really doing the RES thing, I'd be trying to make a cover band that does covers.  Purely covers, and for the public.  Like, a real band.

And one track I wanna cover: "Cries and Whispers"

Love it.

What do you guys desire to cover?  You know what I mean, right ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan