I Feel Love - notes?

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 27 13:04:43 CEST 2012

Op 27-9-2012 12:40, Tony Hardie-Bick schreef:
> On 27/09/12 11:10, Gert van Santen wrote:
>> I love the sound of this machine. I also think it could
>> probably be
>> approached with every other synth in combination with some
>> external
>> distortion/filter...
>>

> well, i know what you're saying - it's a very hot set of
> circuits, and
> for that reason the difference between this and another synth
> just being
> put through some extra distortion is somewhat less than something
> like a
> moog or an arp, where the sound is beautiful and highly
> distinctive even
> at low distortion levels
>
> however, the uniqueness of this filter could not be emulated in
> such a way.
> the distortions are what mark this out, and this comes from a set
> of feedback
> instabilities which are, in their way, as different as the
> feedback coming
> from two different guitarists - say jeff beck and steve hackett,
> who would
> both get completely different sounds, even if they just stood
> there, playing
> exactly the same guitars, exactly the same amps, even exactly the
> same settings.
>
> i nominate this as the jeff beck of filters, whereas the ms20 is
> more... steve
> hackett ;)
>
> as for hendrix, that filter has yet to be imagined

I completely get what you're saying here, and I think I agree.

I just received my miniBrute and tested my proposition by quickly
putting the sound through a Korg Pandora guitar amp sim plus
effx. Although some noises are awesome, there's no subtility when
changing filters etc., especially because the distortion comes
AFTER the filter.

Anyways, will post some 'brutal' pics or audio or vid later.

cheers,
--
gert van santen
www.gertvansanten.nl