Automap

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:55:20 CEST 2012

I know some people on the list have notation controllers, and I'm curious how you use then in your workflow? Automap seems to confuses me, I feel like I am not using to the best of it's ability. My goal is to control live and then plug-ins as well - this works in the default mode if you are just using live plug-ins, but for third party you have to turn the automap button on (weird) and then deal with a disorganized layout of the parameters. If you make a custom template (this still seems to be in beta for a long time...) can you switch to them easily?

I should really do more research but it seems the info is limited, official notation stuff seems to tell you it should just work like magic but it doesn't.

I'm just wondering how people are using them, if I'm missing something and if there are actual magic beans inside.