Pics from Sandy

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 31 18:26:44 CET 2012

Op 31-10-2012 14:09, Tony Scharf schreef:

> In Chicago yesterday, we had 20 ft waves on Lake Michigan (not the
> record, but very close).  We could see people trying to surf on them.
> No words..

Apart from the occasional downpour and flash flood, I do think that
where I live has one of the best climates in the world, if not the best.
No natural disasters, hardly ever any storms, very mild winters, hardly
ever any fog...

In fact, it's raining now, but I'm just wearing jeans and a T-shirt.
Wore a long-sleeved shirt for the first time since early spring, but
later this week it'll be in the mid twenties (which IS crazily warm for
early November).

Mind, there can be strong winds, that lead to choppy seas and invariably
kill a couple of tourists every year, but all in all, when I see what
happens elsewhere in the world, I think I should be grateful.

- Peter