Zira is in the house ..

Paul Maddox yo at vacoloco.net
Tue Nov 20 21:22:42 CET 2012

 Jay, Thanks for your kind words.

 Marc, I have a Shruti and a Zira, both are "similar" being monosynths and
small, the Shruti has a lot more features than Zira and a bigger display,
but I find the Shruti overly complex to edit sounds (I always get lost in
the menus).

 Tony, The filter is not a ladder filter (not possible dur to PCB space and
power limitations) but it's the next best thing, an NJM2069 which is a 4
pole low pass filter used by Korg in the Poly800, DW8000 and so on.. it's
about as close to a ladder filter as you can get on a chip. I'm
particularly pleased with my cover of Depeche Mode's "See You" done on Zira
- http://soundcloud.com/vacoloco/see-you-zira-demo

 My intent with the Zira was to keep things simple and functional and to
try and get a "monowave in a pocket" (it was originally called 'picowave'),
I think it's close, real close and I still enjoy playing with my Zira (I'm
keeping mine this time).

Thanks again