Analog Four

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:26:57 CET 2012

Mainly the cv and gate control.  I am sure that the one track for cv is implemented the same way as midi tracks where there is a cv1 and cv2 parameter and you use parameter locks to control it.  They are intentionally vague on implementation here as it is probably not done yet (midi tracks on the octatrack were not available in v1). Right now I use a Kenton pro solo to control the modular from the octatrack, but so far it has really just been to clock the modulars sequencers.

If you think about it, one cv gate track is plenty.  Cv1 will handle not pitch and cv2 as velocity.  Think of gate1 as the eg trigger and that leaves gate2 to do interesting things (clock a sequencer, trigger accent, etc.).  The big deal is you have the elektron sequencer behind it, and really that is what elektron gear is all about.

Tony