Filter Signature Project

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Mon May 28 23:38:18 CEST 2012

I have not delved into it a ton yet, but I use it with Silent Way as my interface from Live to my modular. It converts data from Live (or other DAW) into cv that you can then patch into your modular. From just simple pitch/gate for playing or running sequences to more complex things like lfo's, envelops, velocity, etc... A neat thing is the "Voice Controller" plugin which is the central hub for controlling your modular has a nifty calibration tool that calibrates itself to the correct pitch cv for midi notes (by listening to the incoming synth audio.)

Also a very cool feature is that you can send audio from the DAW over the adat cable right to your modular! - very very handy for processing audio easily, sometimes I just run drum and soft synth parts through the modular just to take the digital edge off. There are a bunch of other things like pulling cv from the modular into your software and cv to osc, but I have not explored everything yet.

Take a look at the Silent Way plug's and you'll get the idea.
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/silentway.html