Propellerhead Figure

Andrew Robinson andrew at bml.co.uk
Mon May 28 00:58:44 CEST 2012

Anyone else fiddling about with this one on their iDevices?

Initial impressions (yes I know it's been out for ages, but it
requires iOS 5.1, and I was waiting for that to be jailbroken) are
that it's incredible value for money (at £0.69) surprisingly powerful,
beautifully functional, very nicely designed... but highly
frustrating. It's got loads of great features and sounds that rival
high end gear, but you're stuck with one endless 2 bar loop and you
can't save anything. Here's my first bit of noodling with it, with a
bit of arrangement and effects done in Logic:

http://soundcloud.com/lx-nen/livec4t-demo

I think this quick demo sounds a bit like Deadmau5. Come to think of
it, I'm not yet sure if Figure can do stuff that doesn't like
Deadmau5...

- Andy_R