Raspberry Pi

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:25:42 CEST 2012

2012/5/22 Paul Maddox <yo at vacoloco.net>

> Wanted a raspberry pi, got disapointed with the problems around it's
> release.
> Not sure I actually want one now, I've got a beagle bone, which does
> pretty much everything I need.

I'm kind of curious to know what you do with the beaglebone Paul.. could
you elaborate ? The distinction with the board one isn't 100% clear in my
mind:

> Kinda tempted by a panda board (http://pandaboard.org/) to use as a media
> server.

I don't know in which context you refer to media server but if it is to
playback movies stored on external harddrive, I highly recommend the boxee
box. It's simple and not really expensive and works OOTB.

Best,
/M