New Order, Vienna

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sun May 20 19:02:12 CEST 2012

Op 20-5-2012 13:27, Kim Johnsson schreef:

> These two bands defined my taste in music; first Kraftwerk and then
> Ultravox. In both cases I had to wait more than 25 years to see them
> live. A bit weird when you think about it...

A couple of years ago we went to see Duran Duran, and boy, do these guys
rock. Seriously so. This was also a very short period where they had the
original line-up back together, and Malta was the last concert of the tour.

Nearby, there were what was obviously a mother and teenage daughter, the
daughter looking bored in the run-up to the concert, and the mother
almost falling off her chair from sheer anxiety.

That was pretty sweet to see. :)

> New Order doesn't do It for me. I just don't get them. With the
> exception of Blue Monday, which is one of my most favorite tracks
> ever. Totally blew me away when it came out, and it continues to do
> so.

Not even 'True faith'? Generally considered to be considered to be the
best track ever, at least according to the Music Bar.

- Peter