Studio monitor stands

Christian Borg christian at borgstation.com
Wed May 2 18:42:01 CEST 2012

Well, from what I understand mass and decoupling is good for preventing resonances going
into the stands which may then transmit into the air (like the chest Gert described) or
the ground.
Also with speakers that weigh +10kg and stands raised high that only weighs 5kg I can see
how that might be a bit sensitive.
On the other hand, I build myself a couple of table speaker-stands using a CD-storage unit
from ikea. And that worked fine.

Being able to move around the speakers and try different heights as well to find a good
placement (speaker-listener) is the cheapest and most effective "treatment" one could do
imo. So that's a big plus.

Maybe that audiophile neighbour of yours Paul just found a better spot for the speakers vs
listener when building those stands. ;)

.christian