sysex messages

Tom Adam tom.adam at thebigear.be
Wed Mar 28 05:54:57 CEST 2012

As some of you might know I had a JD800, but I sold it.
Yesterday my wife told me I received a JD990, so looking even more
forward to going home ;-)

Now, I wonder how easy it is to create patches on it. On the JD800 it
was easy with it's huge UI. Seems like it's sysex only (well 2 cc's can
be programmed).
So what faderboxes are you guys using for sysex messages?
Would it be easy to write an arduino program sending sysex?
How do I merge midi signals and sysex messages? Anyone having any
resource on this?
I know sysex is bandwidth hungry so that might be a challenge too. I
would prefer to go the DIY way as I’ve got several arduino’s, rotary
encoders etc. laying around…

I would like to look into this during my 14h. of flying on Saturday ;-)
So pointers appreciated!

Cheers,

--
ToAd