LPs

The Dong dong at f2s.com
Fri Mar 16 01:22:21 CET 2012

On 15/03/2012 12:27, Romain / rXg wrote:
> I was curious if you guys are still listening some LPs?

Yes. Still listening to lots of records here that didn't make it to CD,
or mp3.. And even those that did. Many hundreds of albums and 12"
singles. Never really stopped ;) Don't have a great deck, and just a diy
riaa preamp, but still a-ok.

Records were, and still are, nearly all mastered different than CD's;
the whole regimen of playing your slabs was that you were meant to play
a side all the way through, so more of a continuum. All a bit more laid
back and relaxed than skipping through hundreds of tracks today.
I'd imagine the guy with the £1500 cartridge on the £2000 ultra-light
tonearm would turn green at the dork trying to random play his prize
collection of vinyl as well! ;)