LPs

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 13:45:28 CET 2012

I know what you mean :) but still you can recognized the good songs from
the less good songs from the same album ( why everything should be perfect
perfect perfect ? )  :)
you mentioned Marillion I know the band by name i tried so many time to
find a song to convince me but i never found one,
Could you advice me your top 3 Marillion songs?  :)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>wrote:

> 2012/3/15 Romain / rXg <xtechcode at gmail.com>
>
>> I was curious if you guys are still listening some LPs?
>> I know it s not this time and technology anymore but i' m really enjoying
>> to listen them again with a new LP player ( second hand from a dj friend ).
>> I just discovered with another friend by listening pink floyd LPs that
>> Internet  killed the album theory ...
>> In our opinion, more or less everybody listening random songs instead to
>> listen a complete album from the beginning till the end ...
>> then  we concluded  that an album is like a long song so why should we
>> dispatch them if we respect the artist work ?
>>

> Because before the advent of selling individual songs, most "artists" (for
> want of a better word) would release albums with two or maybe three cool
> tracks, and the rest utter drivel that's just there to fill up the gaps.
>
> Now there are some exceptions to that, like Jarre or Marillion that I have
> in my collection, but who can name all tracks from the Sam Fox album that
> also contains "Touch me (I want to feel your body)"?
>
> That's how greatest hits albums came about.
>
> - Peter

Romain