LPs

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Mar 15 13:34:38 CET 2012

2012/3/15 Romain / rXg <xtechcode at gmail.com>

> I was curious if you guys are still listening some LPs?
> I know it s not this time and technology anymore but i' m really enjoying
> to listen them again with a new LP player ( second hand from a dj friend ).
> I just discovered with another friend by listening pink floyd LPs that
> Internet  killed the album theory ...
> In our opinion, more or less everybody listening random songs instead to
> listen a complete album from the beginning till the end ...
> then  we concluded  that an album is like a long song so why should we
> dispatch them if we respect the artist work ?

Because before the advent of selling individual songs, most "artists" (for
want of a better word) would release albums with two or maybe three cool
tracks, and the rest utter drivel that's just there to fill up the gaps.

Now there are some exceptions to that, like Jarre or Marillion that I have
in my collection, but who can name all tracks from the Sam Fox album that
also contains "Touch me (I want to feel your body)"?

That's how greatest hits albums came about.

- Peter