192khz .. playback fidelity lower than 44.1khz?

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Wed Mar 7 10:32:07 CET 2012

Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:

>> Yeah - I almost pointed at Katz, who explains it really well -
>especially in that book - but I thought I'd have a crack at explaining
>it myself in a few lines ;)
>
>The thing is, what you say is true of the effects of in-line
>processing, whereas the original article was talking about distribution
>formats..

Yep. I made the distinction after reading "Production increasingly uses 32 bit float..." (in the article), thinking that this referred to processing. Actually, rereading, I think he may be referring to the offline storage format, in which case this part of the article isn't misleading at all, and somewhat restores my confidence in the author.

Tony (HB)