Robert Ashley "Concrete"

Michael Zacherl. mubar04 at blauwurf.at
Sun Mar 4 16:36:42 CET 2012

On 4.3.2012, at 16:20 , K9 Kai Niggemann wrote:

> On 04.03.2012, at 00:10, Michael Zacherl. wrote:
>
>> However, during this festival they also showed `Perfect Lives` - all episodes on one afternoon/evening.
>>
>> Funnily enough, maybe also due to the extensive length of the material, the audience became fewer and fewer until there were just three of us left.
>> Then the projectionist and the sound guy kindly asked if we would mind if they stopped the show ... after many hours.
>
> interesting. Is that how it is supposed to be?

no, it's not. I saw `Perfect Lives` on TV back then and it was broadcasted an episode a day over a week or so.
I forgot how much time that is all together but the operators at the venue just gave up.
They didn't see why they should bother showing it all if there's virtually no audience.
I suspect they also couldn't cope with the material. ;-)

> I love extreme-durational-performances, though, but it's much more interesting, when you can see how the performers start struggling after almost 6 hours of performance (such as "And on the Seventh Night" by Forced Entertainment (UK)

I myself started struggling after about 2/3 of the show.
There where no real seats, just wooden stair-like facilities with some loose foam rubber blocks, so we ended up laying around.
It was fun though!

--
keep your ears open: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist