Filter Signature Project

ToAd tom.adam at thebigear.be
Sun Jun 3 13:49:45 CEST 2012

On 29/05/2012 8:40, Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] wrote:

> Yeah I d love to ! Same goes for the others that proposed :)

Marc,

Uploading now.
Here's the URL's:

www.thebigear.be/SDIY/ARPLPF.wav
This is an ARP LPF clone, basically something like this:
http://www.amsynths.co.uk/Filter_Bank/AM8023/am8023.html
Output is rather soft, compared to the other tracks. (I kept the record
level the same for all filters) I'm not sure if this is the same on the
original ARP filter... Second best LP filter in my rig.

www.thebigear.be/SDIY/LPG.wav
Buchla stuff: http://www.naturalrhythmmusic.com/lopass.html
This is made with a vactrol and a PCB from the source above.
Weird little bugger.

www.thebigear.be/SDIY/LPG2.wav
My version of it, with a DIY vactrol and different cap's for the core.
Deep switch needs to be activated here to get is oscillating.

www.thebigear.be/SDIY/MOTM420-1.wav
MOTM filter MS20 clone in LP mode.

And take 2 of the same filter...
www.thebigear.be/SDIY/MOTM420.wav

www.thebigear.be/SDIY/MOTM440a.wav
www.thebigear.be/SDIY/MOTM440b.wav
I've got 2 of these now, THE LP filter I use all the time. Best filter ever!

www.thebigear.be/SDIY/OakleyJourneyman.wav
Oakley filter I also love.

Gotto go now, I can still do a couple of others, but not sure if those
will be interesting:
Oakley Variable state filter
Oakley Croglin
Oakley COTA
Tellun CEM VCF (variable state) calibrated not to oscillate, but this
can be changed with a trimmer on the PCB.

One remark though, I still need to calibrate my synth for summer. Will
do that soon... But this shouldn't influence the results much.

Let me know when you downloaded them, I will delete them afterwards. You
can do with the sample whatever you want.

HTH,
Cheers,
ToAd