Selling gear

James Coplin james at ticalun.net
Mon Jul 30 19:44:24 CEST 2012

I have a hard time selling gear.  I think in my case it comes from two
things.  First, most of my setup is vintage/analog and even gear I’m not
super crazy about tends to have some unique quality to it.  This coupled
with the current market means that if I sell something, I’m probably not
going to be getting it back.  This means that unless I really don’t get
along with a piece, it stays.  Secondly, I tend to not purchase
impulsively.  I heavily research and consider each thing before I buy it.
This means I seldom have anything that doesn’t fit some perceived need or
niche.  This makes sales hard as well.  Another minor aspect is that I am
fundamentally lazy and really don’t need much anymore.  This means that
unless the sale brings huge proceeds to fund something really sexy, I just
can’t be bothered.

James