Arturia Spark - my impressions

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 19:31:59 CEST 2012

Hi Andrew

> So it sounds better than analog (hard to get right) but they messed up the
> interface (easy to get right.) That makes no sense.

Exactly - it makes it even more frustrating knowing this..

> Do you think they can fix it

Yes, easily but only if they believe it needs fixing.  Hoping they will..

> you can change the parameters mapped to the knobs though right?

Yes and no.  You CAN change the 3 instrument param knobs above each drum pad
but, each instrument has 6 editable parameters so you can only point to 1/2
of these.  The frustration is the fact that you CAN NOT change the 6 knobs
under the LCD - these point at Cuttoff/Res/Aux 1/Aux 2/ Panning/Volume.  If
you could also change these then job done!!  You would have 6 knobs for your
6 params..

> Sound like it's worth it as a drum synth though, I remember it sounding
good
> from the demo.

Yeah, defo.  Just doing a demo video now..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Text SLUT to: 29 7 29 7