Arturia Spark - my impressions

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 17:28:23 CEST 2012

On Jul 29, 2012, at 8:27 AM, "punkdISCO" <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:
> 5. Conclusion.  I have owned every Jomox drum machine there is, now with
> just the 888.  I also own the incredible NI Maschine.  I got Spark hoping it
> would give me the integration of Maschine with the sound of Jomox, allowing
> me to sell both these.  Unfortunately, it falls very short of Maschine's
> integration and interface however, it totally exceeds the sound of my Jomox
> 888.
>
> Im keeping Maschine and Spark, selling the Jomox.  Hopefully one day Spark
> with develop enough to allow me to sell Maschine also..

So it sounds better than analog (hard to get right) but they messed up the interface (easy to get right.) That makes no sense. Do you think they can fix it with software updates? the 3 knob non dynamic hardware parameter limitation sounds like that would annoy me - you can change the parameters mapped to the knobs though right? Like change pan to tune etc... just not without going in the software?

Sound like it's worth it as a drum synth though, I remember it sounding good from the demo.