Google V8 engine

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 19:25:06 CEST 2012

And you are totally right.

To express better my user case, there's been several occasion when I wanted
to be able to 'tweak' an application and where I though having to recompile
was a hurdle. A few examples:

+ When playing with two chained DFM and wanted to tweak 'precisely' the
input gains of the different stages.
+ Whenever I change control device and want to re-shuffle a synth mapping
from midi/arduino/osc. Especially if this is running on a beagleboard and
either I need to re-upload the new binary or compile on the board itself
+ Whenever I just want to add a debugging module in my synth's architecture
to know the audio peak levels

Also, building synths inside the architecture pretty much goes like
instanciating modules, connecting pins

MGEPiggyOsc *osc1=new MGEPiggyOsc("osc1",*osc1Bank_) ;
> Insert(osc1) ;
> MGEPiggyOsc *osc2=new MGEPiggyOsc("osc2",*osc2Bank_) ;
> Insert(osc2) ;
> MGEMixer *oscmixer=new MGEMixer("oscmixer",2) ;
> Insert(oscmixer) ;
> Connect(*oscmixer->GetInPin(0),*osc1->GetOutPin()) ;
> Connect(*oscmixer->GetInPin(1),*osc2->GetOutPin()) ;

And I could gain from moving this type of stuff to an external
configuration code just to make it more flexible.
My main objective is to get more setup flexibility but NOT to loose too
much time with this neither in integration, nor in learning the language.

For that reason, I'm looking for a simple framework that would allow me
something very basic - even arduino like setup() / loop() type would be
sufficient right now - where I could toy with a restricted amount of
externalised objects. Even better if I can monitor the file changes and
trigger a reset of everything so that it's taken directly into account.
I guess it also goes along the lines of exploring this presentation :)

https://vimeo.com/36579366#at=0

/M

http://marc-nostromo.com