Google V8 engine

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Tue Jul 24 12:36:34 CEST 2012

On 24/07/12 11:25, Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] wrote:

> I'm looking to add some compile on the fly features to my synth architecture.
> Mostly what I would like it to start the program once and be able to sent it
> various iterations of client code so I don't have to recompile all the time.
> Plus adding external scripting possibilities is always a good thing ;)
>
> As anyone any experience with V8 integration with C++ ? It looks like it's doing
> pretty much what I'd like to but some confirmation would be nice before I start
> putting my finger in this mess.

quickly looking at v8, my first thought is that numeric types will be cumbersome
(because it's javascript), and you'd probably be better off creating something
yourself - given the requirements are very specific, it may be a lot simpler
than using a general purpose framework.

someone who actually knows something about this might like to chime in now ;)

Tony (HB)