Retro fitting old instruments

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:56:05 CEST 2012

Hi Gang,

After successfully doing my first steps in the noob
electronic/microcontroller land, I think I'm ready for an exciting project:
taking an old gear that has a nice interface, ripping it apart and retro
fitting it with a beagleboard/arduino combo so I can re-program the whole
thing to behave exactly the way I want it - sonically *and* interface wise.

So I'm looking for suggestion about cheap yet appealing hardware that I
could use along those lines. I've got a few ideas for these. Some are more
costly, some are more difficult.

I've kind of collected one of each style in here:

http://pinterest.com/mdashdotdashn/tear-it-apart-and-make-it-yours/

The easiest so far is the groovebox style. Not too expensive and won't need
a workbench nor fill my room with too much junk.

I was wondering if any of you had suggestions along those line... either a
dream-like one or a good base (somehow in the 100 euros mark) for such a
project.

Of course, doing this to a machinedrum or a cirklon would be awesome but a
tad expensive :)

Cheers
Marc.

--