Arturia Spark (v Maschine)

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 09:53:46 CEST 2012

Hi Mohsen

> I'm pretty sure you know that Maschine can load and play any VST.

Yes, I am aware of this but, this then becomes a work around and I would
have to find a dedicated synth to use for each drum sound I want.

Another way to look at it is: Maschine does not provide anything extra that
you cannot do in Ableton Live, straight out of the box (drum racks etc).
What Maschine does provide is a complete package/interface of these features
into something that feels like a dedicated drum machine.  For me, as soon as
I start to consider running a VSTi in Maschine to perform kick drum
synthesis, I have broken my hardware drum machine model and Im now back
inside a computer.  Not sure if that makes sense :)

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Text SLUT to: 29 7 29 7