Ableton controllers

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 00:29:16 CEST 2012

On Jul 15, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Tony Scharf wrote:

> Honestly....I don't like any of the surfaces I have tried including the APC20 I had.  I always end up back to mouse and keyboard.
>
> That said...I do have kind of a lust for the livid controllers.  As I never use the clip view, however, most controllers are pointless for me.

The problem is I think that they are all designed with just live set use in mind, flexible studio use always seems to be an after thought. Livid is the most interesting at least from the design perspective -> opposite of say novation imo. I was super excited for the Livid modular stuff but most of the modules just seem too basic for the cost, and I know they are going to come out with much improved ones.