improv live recordings

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Fri Jul 6 17:06:24 CEST 2012

Hi Bar,

last night we did another jam. This time with

Guitar - Erhart
Saxophone - Jan
Flute - Hanna
Flute/Recorder - Mechtild
Horn/Soundobjects - Gregor
Electric Bass - Thomas
Sound Objects - Ross
Modular Synth - Kai

We took a different approach and just let t flow -- two recordings ended up 45 and 60 minutes, one is a bit shorter. They all have their moments (and their atrocities).

Please enjoy and feel free to comment:

http://soundcloud.com/waf80music/sets/improv-session-05-07-12/s-idFw9

On the modular I was mostly playing with the WMD Synchrodyne (the replacement works great!) at the heart of the patch, heavily modulated and heavily modulating, controlling a lot of things with the A-198 Ribbon controller (a phantastic device!), with a bit of delay added (most of the time) from an Eventide Time Machine.

I discovered some cool things to do with the Doepfer clock sequencer A-161 and a linear mixer (A-138) to control CV of the oscillators.

The guitarist was using some wild effects from his "Guitar Rig" software, some of the noises are actually his. But you'll hear..;)

Looking forward to your comments!

Kai