Book recommendation

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:39:33 CET 2012

I know exactly what you meant. ..
I have  the beginning of the black page # 2 printed on my wall :) ( the
easy one for inspiration)
I would love to have it printed on paper to study it a bit  ... see all the
time signature changes etc etc
If a day you find it please let me and others know :)
Now days I m reading the real zappa book ... and
I try to figure out how to write music on partition ( i think it could
be useful for me and my pleasure)...
Anyhow Zappa   was the unique  pumpkin  guy on this earth, that 's right
folk ... this is why I m listening all the long interviews that I can  find
on youtube ...

check this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-HyfeF6zFA&feature=related

The end of the presentation of ''thing fish'' i guess is genius ... I laugh
so much alone, imo it s better than the Monty python humor...

:)

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Tony Hardie-Bick <tony at entity.net> wrote:

> On 28/01/12 11:20, Romain / rXg wrote:
>
>> I found this online :
>> http://www.katarsis-net.com.**ar/downloads/the-real-frank-**
>> zappa-book.pdf<http://www.katarsis-net.com.ar/downloads/the-real-frank-zappa-book.pdf>
>> Is it the one you meant? cause I don t find the black book even if I
>> heard about
>> it many time...
>>

> Hah! Nope... I have read this, though. The Black Book (the BLACK BOOK) is
> a possibly mythical collection of scores that Zappa handed out to his
> amazing musicians to read from. I guess much of his music must have been
> written down, but I don't know if it really was collected together in this
> way.
>
> Then there is his piece, The Black Page:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**The_Black_Page<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Page>
>
> I get the impression the title refers to the density of ink in the score ;)
>
> Anyway... Just found this amazing performance by Bozzio and Zappa...
> everything else sounds boring afterwards :)
>
> http://youtu.be/nTSBR7eHL_I
>

> Tony (HB)

Romain