Book recommendation

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 28 17:19:22 CET 2012

On 28/01/12 11:20, Romain / rXg wrote:
> I found this online :
> http://www.katarsis-net.com.ar/downloads/the-real-frank-zappa-book.pdf
> Is it the one you meant? cause I don t find the black book even if I heard about
> it many time...

Hah! Nope... I have read this, though. The Black Book (the BLACK BOOK) is a
possibly mythical collection of scores that Zappa handed out to his amazing
musicians to read from. I guess much of his music must have been written down,
but I don't know if it really was collected together in this way.

Then there is his piece, The Black Page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Page

I get the impression the title refers to the density of ink in the score ;)

Anyway... Just found this amazing performance by Bozzio and Zappa... everything
else sounds boring afterwards :)

http://youtu.be/nTSBR7eHL_I

Tony (HB)