Gertboard

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 28 10:56:02 CET 2012

Op 28-1-2012 10:12, Jay Vaughan schreef:

> Absolutely nothing wrong with doing it this way .. In fact I'd say it's helpful to the beginner that they can see shell code being used that way..

No, it's just plain wrong. Where a simple function would have sufficed,
opening a file, writing a character and closing it, he uses a convoluted
and hugely inefficient manner. I mean, if even you don't know that a
system() call does a fork(), how is a beginner supposed to know that
this is not the way to write a character to a file in an embedded system?

- Peter