MPC Renaissance - Closer Look

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 25 19:03:03 CET 2012

I just noticed this:

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2012/01/23/wnamm12-akai-mpc-renaisance-closer
-look/

Interestingly the guy states that the MPC3000 and MPC60 modes are not
emulations but rather, hardware (actual DACs).  I could not find any details
of this on the Akai pages.

I like the way he repeatedly tries to put down "the competition".  I also
like the way they have "listened to their users saying that they wanted the
features of an MPC but in-the-box".  I wonder if they actually said, "we
want an MPC like Maschine" :)

So, can anyone else confirm if the legacy modes are hardware?  Not the sort
of thing a company rep is going to get wrong so quite a nice feature, one
that will keep the users very happy..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk