180 Dead Heros

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 23 00:41:55 CET 2012

Op 23-1-2012 0:19, punkdISCO schreef:
> 180 British military personnel have been killed in Iraq since the US-led
> invasion of Iraq in 2003.
>
> http://soundcloud.com/punkdisco/180-dead-heros
>
> VERY early days.  There are parts of this track that I HATE but, I need to
> sit on it for a few weeks and, seeing as we have not published anything for
> a life-time, decided to get some MB feedback..
>
> Always, pls point out the bits that suck-butt etc so we can re-think..
>
> Ta,

Hey, Paul,

So cool to finally being able to listen to a new PD track!

OK, so here's what I think after listening twice:

0. Cool!

1. It's very "19"-ish, if you know what I mean - which is a good
thing. I loved "19" and still do. In fact, I will be listening to
it after 180DH.

2. Very good sound, very cool sounds. Love that noizy bass.
Excellent how those hats are so far in the back.

3. Perhaps the rhythm of the words "180 dead hero's" could be
made to sound more, err, rhythmical. I get the feeling it just
doesn't sound as cool as it could be. What about saying that line
at half the speed?

4. Good production and mastering :-)

Cheers for doing a new track!

--