joining the modular club

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 8 15:53:49 CET 2012

For sequencing,  look at the Tip top audio Z8000.  After going through a
lot of sequencers, it is definitely my favorite so far.  You need a scale
quantizer and some clock manipulating modules to get the most out of it,
but it can do just about anything you can imagine.

On a whim, i picked up a doepfer dark time this week.  It will be here
wednesday.  This one looks deceptively cool after reading the manual
(offering midi to clock AND clock to midi conversion for example).   Its
not cheap, but it looks like a nice 'straight' sequencer to compliment the
Z8000.

Tony